You’re probably wondering….
why I would be sharing this easy slimming sandwich recipe. Everyone knows how to make a sandwich, right? Well, this sandwich is slimming and healthy. Let me take you through the ingredients. Just a few tweaks makes this a great lunch. This idea came from Trim Healthy Mama. You can find their recipe and plan books on Amazon.
- Ezekiel bread.
2. Two Light Laughing Cows.
3. Lean deli meat. Chicken, Turkey or Ham.
4. Sliced cucumber.
5. Sliced Onion. Sweet, white or red onion.
- Get two slices of Ezekiel bread.
- Open up two of the Light Laughing Cow wedges. This needs to be light to keep it in the fat burning mode. Take a knife and smear one wedge per slice of bread.
- Layer on 3 to 4 slices of deli meat on one slice of bread. You can look at the nutrition facts on the back of the package of deli meat to see how many slices for one serving. Usually it is 3 slices, if you don’t have nutrition facts for your deli meat.
- Place your sliced cucumber on top of lunch meat.
- Put your slices of onion on top of the cucumber.
- Take the other slice of bread and place on top of onion. Using a knife, cut it in half.
- At this point, you can add an apple as I did in this photo. For more protein, make a protein shake. I made a chocolate drink using unsweetened cocoa, collagen and almond milk. I added stevia to sweeten it.
This is one of my favorite lunches. In the Trim Healthy Mama world, this is considered an E meal. If you’re curious about this way of eating, you can go to trimhealthymama.com or find their books at your local library. I posted other Trim Healthy Mama recipes and information here. If you made this sandwich and liked it, please share in the comments below.