I’m sharing my famous chili with ground chicken and chicken sausage recipe.
The easiest Chili with Ground Chicken recipe ever! Open up some cans and a jar. Dump them in a pot and you’ve got chili. Well, almost! And the best part is, it makes so much it’d be perfect for prepping ahead to make easy lunch and dinner for the week. Add some baked tortilla chips on top. I say baked chips cause this is Trim Healthy Mama compliant. It is considered an E meal.
Serves 6-8 people.
You will need the following 11 ingredients for Chili with ground chicken and sausage recipe:
I am sharing links to Amazon Fresh. I may get paid for these affiliate links.
- 1 pound Ground chicken
- 1 pound Chicken sausage
- 15.5 oz. can Red Kidney Beans
- 15.5 oz. can Black Beans
- 25.5 oz. jar of Pasta Sauce without added sugar
- Water – see directions for amount. Go to the 5th step.
- 15.5 oz. can Great Northern Beans
- 14.5 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
- 15.25 oz. can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- Extra Virgin Olive oil spray for bottom of pan. Not including this in my 11 ingredient list.
Directions for Chili with Ground Chicken recipe :
- Get out your biggest pan. I use my dutch oven for this recipe.
2. Spray the bottom of your pan with olive oil spray. Brown 1 pound of ground chicken and 1 pound of chicken sausage together.
3. As the ground chicken and chicken sausage is cooking you can open up all the cans of beans, corn and diced tomatoes with a can opener. Super easy!
5. Open up the jar of pasta sauce and pour in the pan of fully cooked ground chicken and chicken sausage. Fill the jar half way with water and put it in the pan. Stir it all together.
6. Put all the beans from the cans into a colander. Rinse with water. Pour the beans from the colander into the pot of chili. Stir them in thoroughly.
7. Add the 1 tbsp. of Chili powder and 1 tbsp. Cumin. Adding salt and pepper is optional.
8. Final step is to let the chili come to a full boil. Turn the heat down to medium and let simmer for 20 -30 minutes. Adding this step helps to enhance the flavor. You don’t have to let it simmer. After all, there are times we need a quick meal. And this is one of them. Once it boils, it is ready. Enjoy!
Any leftovers can be put away in an airtight container and put into the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I created this recipe for my Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle and it is considered an E meal. One cup is a serving. I’m including a regular chili recipe made with ground beef. You can find that here.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked this recipe.